We all could use a little help during the holidays! This is one of the reasons AbilityPath.org, a non-profit in San Mateo, CA created a Holiday Survival Guide for Families with Special Needs in 2010. The guide provides parents with helpful tips and resources to utilize during this busy and stressful time of year. It will help you navigate the change in schedules to finding a sensory safe Santa to how to explain to the grandparents why your child may not eat grandma's stuffing. Here is a directory of topics covered in the Guide:
- How To Thrive During The Holidays
- Top Toys for Children with Special Needs (there are updated versions of this list available online)
- Love, Laugh & Live: The Emotional Side of the Holidays
- Holiday Decoration Tips
- Santa Clause 101: Five Ways To Prepare For A Visit With Santa
- Reinventing Hanukkah For Special Needs Families
Click here to download a copy of Abilitypath's Holiday Survival Guide.
With permission-AbilityPath.org, 2012.